Accidents Involving Animals
You’re covered in a variety of accidents and situations
- You hit an animal
- An animal runs into your car
- An animal burrows into your car (sounds crazy, but sometimes raccoons tear into seat cushions, or rodents make nests under the hood)
Note: Your vehicle can still be covered if you swerve to avoid hitting an animal and then hit another vehicle/object or overturn your car. But, that would instead be covered by collision and not comprehensive. Collision is also an optional coverage.
What to do when you hit a deer
1. Move your vehicle to the side of the road, away from the animal
2. Call the police and let them know if the animal is blocking the road
3. Stay away from the deer or animal! The police are responsible for moving it, and it may be frightened and could harm you
4. Contact us to file a claim – 362-1818
5. Double-check your car to make sure it’s safe to drive, specifically looking for leaking fluid, broken lights, a hood that won’t stay latched, etc.
Get in touch
100 East Howard St.
Live Oak, FL 32064
8:30a - 5:00p
Follow us on social media